Thursday, October 28, 2010

Favorite Movies

I am a movie junkie.  I just love being sucked into a captivating plot, viewing breathtaking cinemascapes, pondering over character developments, and listening to compelling musical scores.

Yep, I'm a huge nerd-o.

Here's some of my all-time favorites:


Star Wars is one of the BEST epic/saga franchises out there.  Even though I think George Lucas went a little overboard with the new trilogy, the original is just so iconic for movie making.  People were blown away by it's innovation in 1977, and despite Jar Jar Binks' annoying personality, the folks at Lucasfilm are still ahead of the game with CG and sound innovation in movies.

This leader in the epic/saga category is followed closely by The Lord of the Rings.  Any true fan will say that the books are better (which is ALWAYS the case), but this re-telling of Tolkien's world is just so beautiful and relatable.  When I first saw The Return of the King at the midnight showing at the theater...I have never cried so many times in one movie...like 5 different scenes.




My go-to "classic" movie is Singing in the Rain.  Gene Kelly's suave, athletic dancing paired with Donald O'Connor's lovable personality, along with Debbie Reynolds' sweet innocence PLUS fun song and dance numbers...what more could you ask for?!


I love Disney, and my favorite Disney film is Beauty and the Beast.  I had the soundtrack on tape before the movie came out and listened to it over and over.  Then when we finally went to see the movie in the theater, I started CRYING from excitement when the movie started.  In defense of my 7/8 year-old self, that opening is very enchanting and magical...

Some others that I love are:
-Gladiator
-Zoolander
-Newsies
-Monster's Inc.
-Batman Begins/The Dark Knight

What elements of a good movie are required to make it into your list of favorites?

2 comments:

  1. Right on! Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Beauty and the Beast. They're all great! As are Gladiator and The Dark Knight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on! Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Beauty and the Beast. They're all great! As are Gladiator and The Dark Knight.

    ReplyDelete