Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sometimes mascots scare me...

As I was leaving work today, there was a (not so) friendly face welcoming hungry people into the Culver's across the street.  Scoopie is a super cute cartoon character, but as a "real-life" mascot, he gives me the heebie-jeebies:


Maybe my fear has to do with the time I went to Disney World with our high school jazz band.  We got to play on a rising stage, so we got to tour "underground disney".  There were rows and rows of character costumes, and outside, a headless Goofy on his smoke break...that's Disney magic right there.

Or maybe it has to do with the time I worked at the Children's Museum here in town.  Usually, I just worked the front desk and welcomed happy families into the building.  But every now and then, I'd have to dress up as a character (i.e. Mr Toad, Miss Spider, Madeline, etc.) for storytime. 
How children can be so excited to see these characters is beyond me.  Those times were very unfortunate because:
  1. It gets HOT in those costumes
  2. It is very difficult to see out of those things
  3. It is hard to breathe through the thin mesh hole provided in the oversized head
  4. Sometimes they smelled
If this hasn't scared you yet, I have two last words...Gorilla Grams.

3 comments:

  1. Ice cream dude is way too happy for his own good! Haha, he would freak me out too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I usually don't mind mascots but that one is a little creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I usually don't mind mascots but that one is a little creepy!

    ReplyDelete