Monday, November 22, 2010

Life Changes

I know, I know.  I said that I would be better about blogging...and here we are 2 weeks later with no updates.  But I have a good reason! Honestly!!  Things have been busy as a beehive in my little part of the blogosphere and here's why:

*I'm goin' to graduate school!  I have been accepted into Mississippi College's Master's in Biomedical Sciences Program.  They have an admit class in fall and spring, so I will start at the beginning of spring semester in January.  It is a one year masters program that is basically a hard-core preparation for medical school.  Most of the classes I will be taking are the same curriculum and intensity of 1st year med school classes.  This is my next step in my path toward medical school and I'm super excited!

*This means we are moving to Mississippi.  In 1.5 months.  So we've been running around like crazy chickens trying to get prepared for the move, scouring the internet for apartments and job openings, saying our goodbyes to our friends here in Wisconsin, etc.  Classes start January 10th, and I want to be "settled" at least a week before then, so we will need to move shortly after Christmas/New Years.  AAAH!

*Matt finished up his last undergraduate classes last week and took his final final yesterday (yeah, who does exams on a Sunday?  Apparently LU does).  It's been a long haul for him, so I'm very glad that he is finished.  He's been working so hard finishing up this term AND working a 2nd shift job.  I'm so proud of him!

*Matt's sister, Kristin, had her baby this weekend!!  Nathaniel (Nathan) was 8lbs 12oz, 21 inches - BIG boy for a little mama!  We are so excited to be an uncle and aunt, and have already warned Kristin and Ryan that we will totally be geek-spoiling their son.  He'll be getting a Star Trek Cadet onesie for sure!  We're looking forward to meeting him this weekend!

So you see why I've been so absent?!  Life is changing at the speed of light, and I'm trying my best to keep up with it!  I promise I will be a good blogger and keep you updated as we head into the holiday season and as we prepare for our move.  promise!


3 comments:

  1. awww what a precious little baby!! thanks for visiting my blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been a busy girl! That's great news about you and your hubby! How exciting :)
    Thank you for visiting my blog & following! I hope to see you back again soon. I am following you as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been a busy girl! That's great news about you and your hubby! How exciting :)
    Thank you for visiting my blog & following! I hope to see you back again soon. I am following you as well :)

    ReplyDelete