Saturday, December 11, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Today I turned 26!  It was a pretty exciting day.  I had a piano recital as a "farewell" to my musical endeavors here in WI, and it went well.  Not many people showed up due to the snow that hit us today, but I was glad to see friends and be able to perform for them.  I baked a special birthday/recital cake for the event - complete with Kit Kat black keys!


Matt and I were planning on going out to dinner after my recital, but because of the weather, we decided to stay in.  We ordered some sushi and chinese food and watched the movie "The Book of Eli".  Highly recommend it!!  Overall, a nice relaxing birthday evening with my hubz :)

Here's a photo of our big picture window in our (now empty) living room.  I love the way the icy snow is frozen in a lacy pattern on the window pane!!  I don't love how wet and cold it is...or how crazy people drive once the snow hits the ground.  Only 2.5 more weeks left before we leave this wintery WI weather behind!!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Your cake is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy (belated) birthday! Love those kit-kat piano keys. If I attempted to make something like that, I'd probably end up devouring it halfway through :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy (belated) birthday! Love those kit-kat piano keys. If I attempted to make something like that, I'd probably end up devouring it halfway through :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Your cake is so cool!

    ReplyDelete