Tuesday, January 11, 2011

If this song is all i have now / it would fall way short of you

Whenever I need new music to load my iTunes library, I ask my brother and sister. They both have great tastes in music and stay up to date with all the new artists and releases (where I just don't have the time to keep up, and besides, I could listen to Beethoven, the Beatles, Sondheim, and Chicago for the rest of my life)

So during winter break, I commandeered my brothers iTunes in search for some new jams. And boy, did I find it!

Needtobreathe has been around for a while, but being new to me, I had to listen and get all of their albums. They have such strong Christian lyrics without being too "preachy". And how can one resist that folk rock sound? Here's three of my favorites, one from each of their albums. And look! One of their tunes is the title of my blog!





7 comments:

  1. Oh my, I have loved Needtobreathe ever since I heard them on the P.S. I Love You soundtrack. Lay 'Em Down is one of my favorites. Glad you're getting settled into Clinton, although this week weather-wise is extremely uncommon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say that I introduced Nate to Needtobreathe... And that they are amazing. Good stuff, good stuff :) -The Sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Needtobreathe is my favorite band of all time! My hubs got me addicted to them a couple years ago! I love their southern rock style.

    PS: Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a big fan of Needtobreathe. I agree with you on their lyrics - sometimes they just speak so loudly into what I'm walking through. Have you heard of Phil Wickham? If not, you should check his music out too. I think you'd like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a big fan of Needtobreathe. I agree with you on their lyrics - sometimes they just speak so loudly into what I'm walking through. Have you heard of Phil Wickham? If not, you should check his music out too. I think you'd like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I have loved Needtobreathe ever since I heard them on the P.S. I Love You soundtrack. Lay 'Em Down is one of my favorites. Glad you're getting settled into Clinton, although this week weather-wise is extremely uncommon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Needtobreathe is my favorite band of all time! My hubs got me addicted to them a couple years ago! I love their southern rock style.

    PS: Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete