Saturday, April 2, 2011

Dreamz with a Z...

I have always had a very active and creative imagination.  When I was little, I had not one, but TWO imaginary friends.  When I was a little older in elementary school, my friends and I would "play" different characters from our favorite book series (which included The Babysitter's Club and Animorphs).  Not to mention a game called "Civil War" that my friend and I made up using colored marbles on a trampoline "battlefield."

So it shouldn't surprise you that I have CRAZY dreams.  Many times they are in "video game" format where I am trying to "beat" different levels in my dream (how about THAT, Inception?).  Sometimes they are in the form of a fantasy epic journey, such as the one where I had to help a group of refugees escape from a landscape with crumbling ground and rain that fell UP into the sky.  How does that even work?!  Sometimes they are altered memories from my past, and sometimes I don't remember my dreams at all.

Well last night, I had another fun one.  We were battling DINOSAURS with LIGHTSABERS.  And this makes perfect sense to me due to what I was doing before bed last night: watching episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars and playing my new favorite iPad addiction game, Pocket Frogs.

via

I should really keep a dream journal.

P.S. The title of this post comes from the so-bad-its-good movie, American Dreamz, with Mandy Moore and Hugh Grant.  If you love American Idol, watch and enjoy this parody.  If you hate American Idol, watch and enjoy this parody :)

7 comments:

  1. Awesome dream! I love it any time a dream involves a video game, or lightsabers, or magic, or anything like that. I wish I remembered more of them, but I try to write down the good ones I do remember. I blogged about one epic dream I had...
    We're under attack! Grab a chopstick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I try to write them down and email them to my sister right away. She's an amateur writer and has worked in some of my crazy imaginative ideas into her stories :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dream most vividly when I am sick or stressed - dreaming a lot lately. Though I cant' quite understand how a dream went from being a Time Lord traveling throught the universe (um, I've been obsessively watching the BBC's 2005 and on Dr. Who...)to ending the dream sitting at a desk with my insurance bill in my hand, wondering if I can pay it early?

    Gak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, diane. there was probably a whole bunch of crazy random happenings in between there that you don't remember :) awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like an intense dream! I found your blog through 20SB and see that you recently relocated to Mississippi (I'm doing the same in August!)

    I'm definitely adding your blog to my list and can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. For those interested, Mar's imaginary friends were named Billy and Sarah :)

    I had a crazy dream last night too!! We (You, Nate, "cousin" Kate and I) were on a plane that was hijacked by a girl who looked like Lizzy Caplan (from Mean Girls/Freaks & Geeks/Cloverfield. Random...) and she sent us to this refugee camp where we met the prince of England (It wasn't William or Harry... some fake prince my mind made up.) Then we started up a resistance to fight fake-Lizzy Caplan. ... ... Yeah... it doesn't make any sense to me either :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome dream! I love it any time a dream involves a video game, or lightsabers, or magic, or anything like that. I wish I remembered more of them, but I try to write down the good ones I do remember. I blogged about one epic dream I had...
    We're under attack! Grab a chopstick!

    ReplyDelete