Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Snippy Snips

I'm very low maintenance when it comes to hair care.  While most women routinely go get their highlights or trim off their split ends, I just grow my hair out until I'm sick of it.  And then I get it chopped off and donate it if it is long enough.

Well my experience with getting my hair cut for donation has been this:  The stylist puts my hair in a low ponytail, cuts off the ponytail just above the hair tie, brush it down, trim off any stranglers, hairspray and done.  Some places give you the cut for free if you donate, while some still just take your $20-40 bucks.

Now doesn't the above process seem foolproof for anyone who can cut a straight line?  That's what I thought.  So I decided that when it was time, I would just do a home-job and cut my own hair to save money and feel special.  Well since it is getting hotter here I figured it was a good time to make the chop.

So on Sunday, Matt served as my personal stylist as I nervously handed him the scissors.  He carefully snipped off my ponytail and VOILA!  A messy less than perfect A-line bob!  But I'm ok with the messy...it looks kinda sassy :)


9 comments:

  1. Looks nice! I've donated 12 inches of hair twice now, once in college, once about two years ago. It's a perfect excuse/motivation for a big change :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! I donated my hair twice and the second time I swore I'd never do it again! I just don't like myself with super long hair. It's getting that time when my hair is too long and I need a cut. And I just got a great deal off the radio so I'm headed for a hair cut in early June. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness! I love it :) Matt is a super hair stylist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @eleni - wow 12 inches is a lot!! the longest i've donated was 10. I agree, it's a great motivation to change things up!

    @laura - short hair is so easy to take care of compared to long hair. hooray for good deals! hope you post pics of your cut in june!

    @ashley - thanks! i figured if he botched it i could just go in to the salon and get it fixed. but he did well! he said he'd never do it on anyone he wasn't bound to by a legal document though. lol.

    @C - thanks! it's amazing what a simply haircut can do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it! I donated my hair twice and the second time I swore I'd never do it again! I just don't like myself with super long hair. It's getting that time when my hair is too long and I need a cut. And I just got a great deal off the radio so I'm headed for a hair cut in early June. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete