Sunday, July 31, 2011

Catching Fire

The awesome Eleni from RPG called Life gave me a blog award!  Usually I think these are pretty silly, but it says that my blog is on FIIIIRE!!  Which just made me think about Katniss, the girl on fire, and the Hunger Games.  And how I can't wait for the movie to come out...though I'm still skeptical about some of the casting...


...anywhooooo, the way this works is I list seven random facts about myself, and then pass on the award to seven deserving bloggers.  So here we gooooooo!

Seven Facts:
(that you may or may not already know about me...)
- In elementary school, I won an award for being the fastest typer in all of the school...at a whoppin' 30wpm (Now I type 82 wpm)
- I didn't get my drivers license until I was 19
- Donald Duck is my favorite iconic Disney character, followed closely by Mickey (I just think Donald is misunderstood, underestimated, and overlooked - gotta root for the underdog...er, underduck!)
- When we were younger, my friend and I "hosted" a radio show (meaning we taped ourselves) called Beanie Babie Network. WBBN.  We voiced all of our collective Beanie Babies as various reporter characters.  And of course, they all had different accents or funny voices.
- I don't really like milk chocolate.  I prefer white chocolate.  And I strongly dislike chocolate cake or chocolate ice cream.
- I have a birthmark under my right armpit that looks like the Batman sign.  Therefore, when I was little I reasoned that I must be Batgirl.
- Some veggies or fruits make my tongue and throat itch, which I discovered is something called Oral Allergy Syndrome.  Matt thinks this is wack, but I think it's interesting.  Eggplant and cantaloupe are the worst offenders for me (can't eat them).  I sometimes get it with carrots, kiwi, or pineapple (but I still eat them).

Seven Bloggers:
(If I didn't "tag" you, don't feel bad - I still love you and your blog and you can definitely play along if you want to!)
Pocky from Embrace the Apockylypse
Erin from Erin B. Inspired
Amy from Amylouwho
Janette from Janette the Jongleur
Alycia from The Curious Pug
Kristin from Random is my Middle Name
Renee from Belle Renee

Play along. Don't play along. I won't feel bad if you don't!

12 comments:

  1. Donald is my favorite, too! I just think he's so ridiculously silly and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get the itchy thing with all melons and banana's. I can eat banana's with some kind of creamy dip or in a pie. I can't eat melons at all. I also get overly nauseated when I try to eat those things. On top of that I have peel apples or I get OAS. I try to find ways to eat these things but if I can't I don't. =/

    I hope they don't "Twilight" the Hunger Games (sorry if I offend anyone, you are allowed to like Twilight, I just don't happen too => ).


    Lillian-Thinking Out Loud

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is silly and cute!! In a neurotic way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it a bummer?! oooh, i would be super sad if I had to peel apples all the time.

    I totally agree about "Twilight-ing" the Hunger Games. It has potential to be so good. Also, I'll be disappointed if they water down some of the fight scenes. Violence is bad, yes, but that is what makes the Games so awful. I think they will miss out on a big part of the story if they try to make it too "tween and family friendly"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun random facts! Thanks for sharing! : ) I especially enjoyed the fact about the WBBN radio show! : ) Also, I too LOVE white chocolate... and don't care much for chocolate cake or ice cream!

    Also, not to ask a stupid question... but, how do I "play along?" Do I simply list seven random facts about myself on my blog? If so, that's perfect... since my blog is all about randomness! : ) Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. if you watch the really old-school disney cartoons -- as in, "three caballeros" old -- you'll find that donald is really, *really* offensive. not so much anymore... =)

    i didn't get my driver's license until i was 19 either! not for lack of trying though -- i was halfway through college before i passed, on my 4th try (once each in 11th and 12th grades, once after freshman year of college and finally passing after sophomore).

    ReplyDelete
  7. yup, you just write 7 random facts on your blog. and then you are supposed to "pass" it on to 7 other bloggers...but you don't have to do that part. but yeah, i figured this would be perfect for you since your blog is about randomness!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha. i didn't know that about donald! glad he's gotten over his offensive ways. we could also call him an exhibitionist for never wearing pants :)

    haha. glad you finally passed!!! i was just lazy and didn't want to learn until i absolutely had to so i could drive to music gigs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha this is awesome!!
    And dude... can't wait for the movie. I was hesitant about it because I'm always disappointed after reading the books, but I can't help but want to go see it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know, me too! Between this and The Hobbit, I am just so nervous about expectations not being met...hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't get my driver's license until I was 20. Just didn't feel like I needed it before then.

    That is an awesome birthmark :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for giving me this award!!! You are so sweet!!!

    I'm with you girl! I got my DL when I was 18. It was ok for me to wait.
    I love the "Beanie Baby Network". So cute!!

    ReplyDelete