Friday, October 28, 2011

Confession

While in line at Walmart today, there was a rack of pumpkin carving materials.  I looked at them.  Then looked at Matt and confessed:

I have never carved a pumpkin.

At least from what I can remember from childhood, I don't think I've ever carved a pumpkin.  Matt was in total shock, knowing that a craftypants and fall-lover like me has never partaken in this autumn tradition.  I think it's a little too late to carve pumpkins now - I feel like October is pumpkin month...November is turkey month.  AH! It's almost November!!!

So next year, Matt needs to make sure that I fulfill this crafty void in my life and we will carve pumpkins. I'm sure mine will look something like this...

via

4 comments:

  1. Whoa. I don't even know how one would start to do a design like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you just stick your knife in and GO! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! It is never too late to carve a pumpkin. They have some fabulous patterns and carving utensils now. When I was a kid, my mom hated the the goop inside the pumpkin so we didn't do it often. When my sister got married my brother-in-law could carve really great Jack-o-lantern's with his very large knife.

    You should give it a go. It is fun and you can roast the seeds. Mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I carved my first pumpkin just a few years ago, so you aren't alone!

    Mine wasn't as epic as that one, but I did do some reading up on how to do the really cool designs. For that one, it's not cut all the way through. You scrap most of the layers away, but not all of it.

    ReplyDelete