Monday, October 24, 2011

Entertainment High

I get sucked into TV shows...wait, let me try that again...I get sucked into *good* TV shows.  While we don't have cable and rarely turn on the TV during regular programming times, we usually find out about a good show and then spend hours upon hours having marathons.  Matt and I actually began our friendship spending an all-nighter watching episodes of "24".  So we can thank Jack Bauer for our marriage ;)

While I normally don't like reality or competition shows - there are two that I adore.  The Sing-Off and The Voice.  Mostly because they feature REAL talent and are subjected to educated critique of their musical abilities.  Well this season of The Sing-Off has some amazing a capella groups, but there are two that stand out above the rest:



Also, in the past week, I've been introduced to two new-to-me shows.  First, while I don't understand the recent vampire craze, I can totally jump on the zombie craze wagon.  Mostly because I think I could totally work for the CDC and help create the "cure" for the zombie causing disease...haha.  Well I watched all of season 1 of "The Walking Dead" in a couple days, just in time for the season two premiere.  This show is just so well written and I love that it has a real focus on character development, not just bloody gore for shock value.
via
My other new obsession is "Prison Break".  My sister has been trying to get me to watch it for years, and I finally sat down and started it...WOW.  I'm totally developing a stressful heart condition from watching this show.  It's SO suspenseful, and I love seeing brilliant genius characters use their smarts to  do "bad" things.
via
Thank goodness for Netflix instant :)  What shows are you currently addicted to?!


3 comments:

  1. OBSESSED with The Sing Off. In fact, I just spent the last hour showing all the Pentatonix videos to a friend in my office. So good. So, so good. Also a HUGE fan of The Voice. The top 4 last season were amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear we have so much in common! I really wish we lived near each other so we could do show marathons together.

    I love The Sing Off, The Voice & The Walking Dead. Guess I should check Prison Break out now too, since you think so much of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's because we are (were) all singers :) It really helps one appreciate the talent that is being shared on those shows.

    ReplyDelete