Saturday, November 12, 2011

Where's Mariel?

Hello, blogworld!  Sorry it's been a while.  Life is scurrying by and I feel like I'm barely keeping up.  I know some of you really miss the Science Saturday posts, and I promise, I have a lot of cool things bookmarked - I just have not had the time to read them and type up a post!  Hopefully it will be back next week, so stay tuned!  Here's what I've been up to the past couple of weeks:

Matt's parents visited last weekend, so we went with them to tour Vicksburg, MS, where one of the Civil War battles took place.  It was pretty neat to see the layout of the battlefield, cannons, and the monuments commemorating soldiers of the North and South.

In addition to research and lab work, I've had exams, papers, and other fun school assignments due. Enough said.

I started filling graduate school applications for PhD programs.  I forgot how hard it is to write about yourself or document your entire academic life in an application.  It doesn't help that every school has a different online application system, so I get to enter all of it multiple times!!  And don't get me started on drafting a personal statement...(anyone care to proofread/edit for me?!)

Hopefully once applications are done and submitted, life will return back to "normal" for a while.  Actually, it will lead right into the holiday season, so it probably won't be normal at all!!! :)





1 comment:

  1. I would love to proof your personal statement for you! I'm a total nerd like that. And I don't really know you very well, so a more objective eye could be helpful! Let me know. ;-)

    ReplyDelete