Thursday, December 15, 2011

Happenings

I survived another semester of graduate school!!  Final exams are over and I checked my grades today - this is by far the best semester I've ever had.  I was 1 point away from getting an A in one of my classes, which means I could've made a 4.0 for the first time in history!  But I'm very happy with my achievements this semester, and I am motivated to try and make a 4.0 in the spring for my last and final semester!

I did a little blog makeover - the right sidebar now contains image links to my shop, as well as an archive of all Science Saturday posts (I know, I know...I haven't posted one in a while.  There will be one this Saturday, so stay tuned!).

Speaking of my shop, have you checked it out yet?  If you have some last minute Christmas shopping to do, consider buying handmade!  If you place your order by this weekend, I will throw in a bonus gift for FREE - cool, huh?!  I won't tell you what it is...you have to order to find out ;)

2 out of 5 grad school applications are submitted, and hopefully I will be done with the others before Christmas.  My future is in God's hands and I can't wait to find out what is going to happen with my academic endeavors!  I need to not stress about it and know that the Lord will reveal his plan for me in HIS timing.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11

Our church Christmas concert is this Sunday night, and I'm quite excited.  Matt has worked so hard with the choir, and I think the program is really well done.  I'm so proud of my hubby for using his musical talents to serve in ministry.  I think he has really inspired the choir members and built their confidence to use their talent to praise the Lord.

Christmas is almost here, and we get to go HOME!!  After church on Christmas Day, we will hop into our rental car and make the lovely 900 mile drive to WI so we can spend a couple weeks with family and friends.  I miss the Midwest so much.

Matt and I have spent the day crocheting (yes, my husband crochets, too) and watching movies (so far we've watched Apocalypse Now (he had never seen it!) and Star Trek...and it's time to pick out what's next.  Have a great evening!

2 comments:

  1. love that feeling of being done with a semester... =)

    i don't know if uc-berkeley is on your list to consider for graduate school, but if it is -- let me know! you can totally couch-surf if you come out for an interview, and i think you'd really like the church we go to. plus, while berkeley is definitely no wisconsin, it's almost certainly better than mississippi (no humidity!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I know that feeling of being done for the semester. I have never had a 4.0 semester, ever. Now that I am down to my last two semesters (spring and summer) I am saying, "Just let me pass and get me through!!" Ha!

    I'm excited for your graduate school search. Does Wash U in St. Louis offer what your looking for? It has a great name, it is an Ivy League without being in the Ivy League snobbery, and it is a gorgeous place to study. If Bill and I ever moved to St. Louis we would want to live in the area near the school because it is so pretty. (Yeah I know that probably isn't one of your considerations but it would be for me because if the surrounding area is the pits it makes it harder to get to school....at least for me)

    I'm glad your husband crochets. That is so cool.

    I pray your Christmas program is an absolute hit!! And that your trip home is safe and everything you're anticipating!

    ReplyDelete