Sunday, December 11, 2011

Twenty-seven.

via
Happy birthday to me! I don't know why, but 27 feels a LOT older than 26 did...maybe because it is that much closer to 30? Eek! Honestly, I don't really mind the increasing number of my age because I still act like I am a five-year old :) I'm just happy to be living my life and thankful for all God has blessed me with. Let's see if I can come up with some random facts from each of my years on this Earth...

1 - Enjoying the simple life - eat. sleep. poop.
2 - First fell in love with music while watching Pavarotti sing on PBS.
3 - Being an only child is great! So much attention.
4 - Manika was born and I am loving being a big sister!
5 - Love modeling and want to grow up to be Miss America.
6 - Being a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle would be cooler than being a model.
7 - Nathan was born and I love having a baby brother!
8 - Cried tears of joy upon watching the opening scene in Beauty and the Beast - soooo excited to see that movie!
9 - Overachieving "Chum" in AWANA at our new church. (I still know all the songs and pledges by heart!!)
10 - My love of science begins after dissecting a cow's eye and a worm in school. Not to mention our teacher was a real life Ms. Frizzle.
11 - Excelling in piano lessons - not loving having to "perform" at family gatherings.
12 - My love for Star Wars blossoms.
13 - My favorite musicals are Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables.
14 - I want to be an Egyptologist and mummified an old Barbie doll with toilet paper and "buried" her in a "tomb" in the crawl space in the basement.
15 - Cast in the first of many musicals.
16 - I play a mean game of Mario Party on N64. (Ballon Burst, Crazy Cutter, and Face Lift are the best mini-games)
17 - Kopp's Custard, Taco Bell, or McDonalds are consumed daily.
18 - High school is over, off to Lawrence University!
19 - Finally get my drivers license.
20 - I fall in love with Brahms.
21 - I unknowingly meet my future husband, Matthew James Mohns :)
22 - Jack Bauer is my hero.
23 - Depressed and stressed but blessed.
24 - A Bachelors degree in Music AND a Bachelors degree in Biology = unemployed college graduate
25 - Love being a wife!
26 - I'm moving to Mississippi?!
27 - I want to be a scientist when I grow up...let's make that happen.

Yeps...I've lived a quirky blessed life!! Here's for many more fun years to come!



2 comments:

  1. #9 - Listen, missy, you'd better remember the *verses*, not just the songs and pledges, or us leaders didn't do our jobs!

    Happy, happy birthday, and may this year be one of outstanding success, laugh-til-you're-silly fun, and incredible blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! I loooooooooooooooved that summary timeline thing.. Mine would be quite uneventful until I hit my 20s... OH wells.. Happy birthday and here's to many more blessed and blissful years (Lordwilling)..

    Janette, the Jongleur

    ReplyDelete