Saturday, January 14, 2012

Positivity


via
I was inspired by my friend Lydia to write down 5 positive things from this week.  Life always has ups and downs, and I typically lean toward the negative side of things even when I know I should focus on the positive.  But thinking about them and writing them down as an active reminder of the "good" always makes the "bad" pale in comparison.

1 - I only have 2  classes this semester (my LAST semester of my Masters program!) and I am very interested in both of them, cancer biology and virology.  I'll be doing a lot of reading from academic journals/research and I look forward to it!

2 - JoJo and McGhee make me smile.  Everyone says their dogs/cats/babies are the cutest, but when these two get into a playful mood (or snuggle mood), they really are the cutest :)


3 - Since the "Hate Religion, Love Jesus" video came out this week, I've been involved in a couple conversations (via social media) regarding the poem.  I'm inspired by those who are passionate about their faith and am thankful for intellectual thinking about how we Christians should live.

4 - Matt and I are having fun playing with our new Kinect that we got for Christmas.  Don't let the "Kinect Adventures" game fool you...it is a great cardio workout!!

5 - I started to re-read The Lord of the Rings this week.  It's always a captivating journey.  Tolkien will always be one of my favorites :)

What was positive about your week??



3 comments:

  1. Yay for Lydia's inspiration! You know if I answer that question enough times, with different answers I may come to find that my week was more positive than negative =>

    1) Spending time with Lydia and her papa (highlights any day/week)

    2) Services that work with us and not against us

    3) Catching God in the act of blessing us (several times in the week!)

    4) Hearing my husband laugh out loud

    5) Snuggles from my silly little dog (who btw is really the cutest ;) heehee)


    Lily-Thinking Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw you're puppies are adorable. I've always loved the look of Corgi's with their busy short, little legs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy you're doing this! It really helps to realize that you actually did have positive things happen in your week.

    And I am so excited! We are both in our LAST semester of our Masters program. That is pretty spiffy.

    My five positives are on my blog...obviously. :)

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete