Saturday, February 11, 2012

5 Positives

via

No creative title this week, just simply my 5 positives:

1.) Ate sushi today and it was glorious.

2.) I spent some quality time playing through and singing some showtunes this week.  I really need to get back into playing the piano regularly, as well as work on my vocal technique, and sightreading some Sondheim or Jason Robert Brown is definitely a good challenge :) (for anyone even remotely familiar with these Broadway composers, you know they are notorious for tough music...instrumentally and vocally)

3.) McD's Shamrock Shakes are back...rumor is they are now available nationwide, so I am on a MAD hunt to find one here in Mississippi.

4.) TV got exciting for me this week - The Voice premiered and once again I am 100% Team Adam.  I love singing competitions that actually focus on the SINGING and not the "image" or "pop success factor."

5.) Matt reminded me of this powerful verse, "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18  Great reminder as we reflect on the past week and look ahead to the next.

Are you thankful in all circumstances?  What were you thankful for this week?



2 comments:

  1. Yay for positives! I'm writing mine tomorrow. Way too exhausted to today.

    These were really good!

    I remember Angela Lansbury saying she would always lose her voice after performing in Sweeney Todd. She said "By the Sea" was one of the more difficult song she ever performed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent reminder to think on the positive things in life. I will be doing my five later today.

    I love Sondheim, and really appreciate performers who can truly perform his music.

    ReplyDelete