Friday, February 3, 2012

Gray skies are gonna clear up...Put on a happy face

It's been a gray cloudy and rainy week.  I need to invest in a happy lamp because grey skies always make me feel depressed.  I also received my first rejection letter from KUMC yesterday. 1 down 4 to go as far as hearing back from grad schools.  Part of me is stressed out thinking "I didn't get accepted there, so I won't get accepted in the other programs!"while another part of me is thinking "That wasn't your first choice anyway. You still have 4 more schools to go, you are bound to get accepted into one of them..."  STRESS.

But coincidentally (though nothing is a coincidence to our Lord), Proverbs 19:21 has been on my mind all week in anticipation of grad school letters coming in. My God is bigger than anything in this world, and He already has a plan and purpose laid out for me. I need to be patient and focus on His good promise for my future...


So here are my 5 positives for the week:

1.) God is good and faithful.  His Word will endure.

2.) I have some new lab mates that will be doing research this semester.  I've been showing them the ropes and having fun collaborating with them :)

3.) Found out that Taylor Swift is NOT playing Eponine in the Les Mis movie!! Samantha Barks will be reprising her role (she was Eponine in the 25th anniversary concert - she really understands the character and the girl can saaaaang)

4.) Made a good grade on my first virology exam.

5.) Ate way too many roasted chick peas for my GI system to handle.  But they are just SO yummy and delicious.  I think I might make some more right now :)

-----

*p.s. I know I slacked last weekend and didn't post a SciSat post when I promised I would.  But I was busy studying for virology.  But you can expect one tomorrow...It's gonna be a good one!!!


1 comment:

  1. I was feeling the same way this week Mariel! Thanks so much for sharing that verse - it was just what I needed to hear! :) hope you have a great rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete