Sunday, April 8, 2012

5 Positives 4/8/12

Didn't have time to sit down and record a vlog this weekend, so you are stuck with reading my 5 positives this week...but I'll include lots of photos to keep your interest! :)

1.  I can't remember if I said this already, but I beat Mass Effect 2 a couple weeks ago and started my 2nd play through earlier this week.  I'm playing on a higher difficulty, but my level and XP carry over from the 1st play through so hypothetically, my character is "stronger" and has more proficient skillz.  I really enjoyed ME2 a lot more than ME1, and I'm hoping to max out my character so that I can port that into ME3 when I get it!!
My FemShep :)  I need to get green contacts again so I can look like her :)
2. On Wednesday, April 4th, Matt and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary.  Neither of us is really a "romantic" so we don't often do special things...but it's enough for each of us to recognize the love we share every day of the year.  I've been so blessed to have met my best friend and was honored to take him as my husband 3 years ago.  Marriage isn't easy, but we have loved every moment (the ups and the downs) and look forward to continuing to grow closer for the rest of our lives!  And we are planning on going on a fancy dinner date sometime the next couple of weeks :)  Thai food...yum.
Mawwage... 
...is what bwings us togetha...today...
<3
NYE 2011 @ Epcot in Disneyworld
3. Matt's parents came to visit this week/weekend.  I get along well with my inlaws, so it was fun to have them around for a few days and to get to do fun things around MS (which we normally never do because we are lazy).  We went out for froyo, had an amazing brats/burgers cookout, went swimming and hung out at one of the parks near the Rez (the reservoir).




4. On Good Friday, our church participated in a simulcast event hosted by David Platt called "Secret Church."  The premise is that there are thousands of believers in the world who live in persecuted countries and can only meet at "secret churches" to learn as much about the Gospel as they can...so this study is 7 hours long and is a "fire hydrant" of information blasted at you.  David Platt SPEEDS through, but it is all really potent truth straight from the Bible.  The theme this year was "The Cross and Suffering" and it was a truly hard-hitting and emotional study.  It's amazing to see how throughout the ENTIRE Bible, even the early Old Testament, that God's plan was carefully designed to show the Gospel message...through the suffering of the Israelites in Egypt, the suffering of Job, the suffering of Paul, and Christ's amazing suffering on the cross for you and me...


The study book was 200+ pages long and PACKED with great bible passages and quotes.
5. Last but not least, today was Easter...many Christians prefer to say "Resurrection Day" to emphasize our Risen Saviour instead of the bunny and eggs and commercialization...but I don't really care for that.  Honestly, we should be celebrating Christ's resurrection EVERY day, for it is the very foundation of our faith and what separates us from other religions.  Christ IS risen, He is alive, and He will return someday...He is the ONLY hope we have in this world.  I am so unworthy of my Savior's gift of life through his death, but his glorious love and mercy is SO profound that He gives this gift freely to ALL who believe.  Simply amazing.
Church Bulletin cover I designed for today :)
It's been an amazing week!  How was yours?  Link up with Lydia and share your 5 postives!




2 comments:

  1. I am glad you've had a great week! I can definitely relate with being super busy. I almost didn't do a vlog for mine because of all the work I have to do.

    That is exciting about ME2! I love finishing games, I always feel accomplished..haha.

    Happy Anniversary!

    I'm glad you had a great time with your inlaws AND that you have a great relationship with them. That is always nice. I have a good relationship with my inlaws as well and am SO thankful for that.

    That is great about the study! Sounds intense. And Easter was wonderful too! It is always such a great time. And you're right, we should be celebrating His resurrection every day!

    Great five positives! I hope you have a great week this week. Praying for you as you approach the final bit of your semester!

    Have you decided what you'll do after graduation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary!! Bill and I aren't hyper-romantic (I am more than he is) but we always celebrate our years together. It isn't always big, and it isn't always on our actual anniversary, but we always celebrate the years. It is amazing how fast they go.

    It is great that you have a good relationship with your in-laws, that was one of my prayers for Lydia, I knew I wasn't just praying for her future husband but also for her future family. I have a good relationship with my in-laws as well. (They are quirky but they are great ladies!)

    I agree, I have no problem with calling it Easter, if I do I need to quit celebrating the birth of Christ in December. Yes, we should celebrate His resurrection and wonderful grace everyday. I know that without that mercy and grace, I would be so far gone it wouldn't be funny. There are too many days that without the knowledge that "this too shall pass" and prayer to a living Saviour, I would not make it through.

    Can't really comment on the game, I don't know it, hahaha. But hey, good luck! I know the feeling of wanting to get to a certain point in a game.

    I'm sorry I didn't comment till now. I got lost in getting my school work done (I was so far behind in my own personal schedule). I had nearly a 100 unread blogs! Goodness! Thankfully most of them are just "informational" types of blogs. Whew.


    Lily-Thinking Thoughts

    ReplyDelete