Thursday, May 31, 2012

Hello Old Friend

It's been 2 years since I've taught a lesson, performed, or had a "regular" practice routine (regular is in quotes because I never practiced as much as I should have).  It's time to get back to it.  I'm going to pick a few pieces and prepare them as if I was preparing for a recital.  Being done with school, I have plenty of free time and no excuses.  Maybe I could even seek out some performing opportunities for some extra moola while I'm searching for a job.  Anyone in Clinton looking for an accompanist?!

I'm very very rusty, my brain needs to start thinking about music from an academic standpoint again.  So here we go...

Today I chose to work on some Chopin - the prelude in c# minor, op. 45.  Challenges in this piece are getting a lyrical "singing" melody in my right hand, overall phrasing, and finding a balance between expressive freedom while keeping a solid tempo.  Pretty much all the classic challenges in any Chopin piece :-P

Please ignore dog barks and blatant wrong notes ;)





1 comment:

  1. I watched your face as you were playing, though I am not familiar with the piece you were playing, I was watching to see if you showed that you hit a wrong note. You only showed it occasionally, and you played through despite barking dogs and wrong notes. I can't teach piano but I can teach showmanship and you did a great job. Never let 'em see you sweat!


    Lily-Thinking Thoughts

    ReplyDelete