Friday, May 18, 2012

I Got a Love That Keeps Me Waiting

Matt, Manika, Nathan, and I went on a sibling adventure last night to see The Black Keys in concert.  They quickly became one of my favorite bands over the past year, and not just because it's the current "hipster" bandwagon.  They've been making music for over 10 years (recording their first albums in their basement), and I actually love their older bluesy recordings more than their newest album (which I still love).







Who's your favorite band currently?



*all photos are mine taken with Instagram
**video courtesy of my brother, Nathan



4 comments:

  1. I'll have to check them out. I only heard of them recently due to the "hipster" bandwagon and refuse to listen to them on principle. Now I'm glad to hear about them from someone not on the trendy "hipster" bandwagon!

    I'm glad you all had fun!

    My all time favorite band would be Green Day, mainly because they got me through a lot of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving The Black Keys right now! Especially Lonely Boy:) How awesome that you got to see them in concert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great concert! Lonely Boy is definitely one of my favorites. All of their music makes me want to simultaneously be productive AND have a dance party :)

      Delete
  3. You know.. I really should get myself into listening to some new artists...lol my current favorite is Selena y Los Dinos..I'm like 17 years too late cause she passed away so long ago.. But I really like how their songs put me in a happy mood.. Haha! Weird huh?


    Janette, the Jongleur

    ReplyDelete