Sunday, June 24, 2012

5 Positives from the Week


Click to link up with Lydia
I missed doing my fives last weekend, so I was considering doing positives from both weeks, but honestly, I can't even remember what happened a couple days ago, so I'm just going to stick with the 5 that I CAN remember from this week.  I really need to write these down as they happen so that I don't have to rack my brain trying to remember them ;-P

Also, no vlog this week because I am suffering from crazy allergies and I'm all stuffed up and puffy-faced feeling:

Allergy face is icky :(
[one] I had a JOB INTERVIEW!!!  Even if I don't get the job (but I REALLY want the job!), I am just so thankful that I had the opportunity to interview.  I've sent out who knows how many applications, and never hear anything back, so to get a positive response was a HUGE answer to prayer.  I did a phone interview early in the week and then was invited to do a 2nd face-to-face interview over Skype :)  Hopefully I'll find out more this week!  Keep me in your prayers!  This job would send us back home to WI...so I'm excited at the prospect!

[two] #shereadstruth has been on my positives almost every week since I joined in...can you tell being in the Word is having a huge influence on my life?!  We finished the "Soul Detox" reading plan and started a new plan a couple days ago, "Living the Surrendered Life."  If you haven't checked it out, I strongly encourage you to do so.  Even if you don't participate in the social media aspect of it, just being challenged to be reading the Bible DAILY is something that we all need.

[three] I'm not usually a PC gamer, my heart belongs to consoles :), but I reactivated by Steam account the other week and downloaded a bunch of games.  One really cool game that I devoured is called, Braid, in which you manipulate time to help the character reach his goals.  Another game that I was obsessed with a couple years ago is now on Steam, so I got addicted started playing again.  It's called Puzzle Pirates - and it's just that; you are a pirate and you solve puzzles to complete various tasks on a ship whilst you pillage about the seas.  It's awesome.

I need to update my portrait...I have an awesome outfit and hat now ;)
[four] My dad's birthday is also in June, so for Father's Day, we kids decided to get him a bunch of books as a joint FDay/BDay present.  Ever since reading The Hunger Games, he's been on a reading kick, which is super cool.  One of my favorite memories as a kid was listening to my dad read The Hobbit before bed...with all kinds of fun voices :)  His favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird, so we got him a special edition of the book AND the DVD as well :)  We also got him The Giver, A Wrinkle in Time, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, and Unbroken.  He was so happy to get all these books so it made me happy!!

[five] I've needed a flash drive for quite some time since we are constantly moving research data from computer to computer in the lab, but I hadn't gone out to buy one.  Well thanks to Groupon, there was a deal to get the Mimico Star Wars flash drives for almost 50% off!!  And my AWESOME brother bought one for me!  I went for R2-D2, because, c'mon, he's a DROID so obvi he's gonna protect all my data files :)

beep boop beep boop!
[six] OK, here's a bonus 6th positive.  Matt started blogging again and he writes all kinds of awesomeness about his thoughts on music, faith, and life.  So go check out A Sound Philosophy!!  He even started doing his own 5 positives!  Wahoo!

What are YOUR 5 positive things from the week?!  Leave a comment below OR better yet, link up with Lydia on her blog! (see button above)



3 comments:

  1. Great positives.

    Congratulations on the job interview! I know that feeling well. I will be praying that things work out for you!

    I am finishing up the "Soul Detox" devotional. I like it's simplicity. I'm also doing the "Living the Surrendered Life". While I appreciate both, I like "Soul Detox" best and will probably go back through it, taking more time with each entry.

    I love PC games, more things like Bejeweled, etc. =>

    Great books for your dad, especially "To Kill A Mockingbird" such a powerful story!

    I LOVE the flash drive!! I need to get a cool one. Mine is just boring grey.

    I checked out Matt's blog. It is so cool that he's blogging. I'm looking forward to reading more of his thoughts and thus getting to know both of you. And I am so excited that he's joined the fray of five positives!! (Now we gotta get Bill blogging again).


    Lily-Thinking Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about the allergies! Mine have been acting up a little too. Mainly just my eyes.

    That is exciting about the job interview! I am looking forward to hearing how it turns out. I'm praying for you.

    I was a PC gamer when Tomb Raider was only available on PC, but I moved more to console games when Tomb Raider did. I guess the only thing I play on my computer now is World of Warcraft, haha. Though, they are releasing a few Tomb Raider games for Mac and I am really tempted to buy them.

    June birthdays are the best! WOOHOO! And The Giver is such an amazing book. Love it.

    And yay for Matt starting to blog! I think it is cool that he is doing the five positives as well.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the interview:) And I just have to say...that is the best flash drive EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete