Thursday, June 7, 2012

Gershwin Revisited

Next step toward getting back into playing the piano seriously. So, it's been 4 years since I performed this at my senior recital and I was surprised to realize how much was retained by muscle memory! I rehearsed with the score a few times today, but am pretty confident in playing it memorized.

Now I just need to clean up those killer arpeggios, runs, and octaves :-P  The second run through is definitely better. I'm posting this in hopes that by the end of next week, I will have resolved some of these issues and will have a more solid performance of the piece. You all need to hold me accountable!!

Oh, and I discovered how much better my iPhone video/audio is than my laptop...HA!  And don't you like how JoJo added in some percussive dogtag jingles?! She's a natural musician :)



1 comment:

  1. You've encouraged me to get back to practicing piano as well! I am planning on posting a video soon. It'll be cheesy, yet pretty, piece.

    You're wonderfully talented!

    ReplyDelete