Thursday, December 13, 2012

Decemberish

Well. It's been a while since I've posted anything here. I've been quite busy, and I can't believe December is almost halfway over.  My graduate school applications were due on December 1st, so I was a big stressface the whole month of November, trying to get all the pieces of my applications completed and submitted.  We got our little Charlie Brown Christmas tree set up and random decorations strewn about the apartment.  I still have to make a Christmas/winter wreath for our front door - the fall one is still up. Whoops!


My birthday was on Tuesday, and since Matt was working his late night shift at Apple, I spent the evening crocheting and watched The Wiz for the first time.  So bad.  Yet so good :-P  I designed a special Christmas themed coffee cozy for my Etsy shop, and decided that a portion of the profits from those will go to charity.  Head over to askLOLA and buy a couple - they will make great stocking stuffers!! (shameless plug over).


I also participated in the 2012 Scarfament Swap hosted by Danielle at Take Heart.  Basically, you get paired with a fellow blogger, and send each other a scarf and an ornament Get it? Scarf + Ornament = Scarfament?! So fun!  I was paired with Jackie at Empty Nest, Full Life.  We exchanged some lovely emails regarding our style and likes, and got to work on putting together our packages for each other.

For her, I was inspired by this DIY post - so I hand painted a scarf with one of her favorite bible verses,  Luke 12:7.
Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies?
Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.
Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
Fear not; you are worth more than many sparrows. (Luke 12:6-7)

I also crocheted little "sparrows" for her ornaments (I'm bummed I forgot to take a picture).

She sent me a gorgeous gray/silver pashmina scarf which will be perfect to wear with my "academic" outfits when I start teaching next semester.  And for my ornament, she sent a beautiful glass cross.  Since our tree is small and Charlie Brown-ish as stated above, the cross won't fit, but we are going to hang it from our window so that the sunlight can shine through the glass/crystal. Thank you so much, Jackie!

Time to work on Christmas gift wrapping...we're doing this but using sheet music :)  How has your December been so far?!



1 comment:

  1. How has my December been so far? Roller Coaster-ish. I love all the things you and Danielle exchanged. So fun!!

    Lily-thinking thoughts

    ReplyDelete