Thursday, February 14, 2013

Unconditional Love

Happy Valentine's Day to those who celebrate!  I'm not a romantic person (and thankfully neither is Matt), so we don't go out of our way to do "lovey dovey" things on this holiday.

The truth is, real love is an everyday thing.  I am definitely NOT a perfect wife, and I'm pretty sure I don't tell Matt "I Love You" everyday.  I definitely don't show him my love through my actions everyday.  But our love is there. No matter how many times we fail or disappoint, we are loved.  It's this unconditional love that we should all strive to have - it's a reflection of who we were created to be.

I discovered this beautiful animated short earlier this week.  It's nominated for an Oscar, and while I'm pretty sure that Paperman will win, I'm going to root for the underdog...pun intended ;)



At first, it seems like a simple story about the first man and his dog.  It's right there in the title.  Dogs are loyal and follow us wherever we go.  Even when we yell at them for pooping on the carpet or chewing up our favorite shoes, they still love us.  In this film, Adam abandoned his dog for the new woman in his life.  Yet, the dog kept looking for him. And was reunited with his man at the end. He loved unconditionally.

This short film isn't just about a dog and a man...it's about a relationship. Particularly, the relationship that God desires for each of us. He loves unconditionally. He continues to pursue us even when we seem to abandon Him or lose hope. He is always there offering His fullness of love and truth.

It's up to us whether we accept Him into our lives or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment