Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Merry Month of May

It's now officially 39 days until we move back home to Wisconsin! I am preeeeeetty excited about it :D While we will definitely miss our church family and friends that we've built relationships with, the past two years here in Mississippi have just never felt "right."  Both Matt and I feel like we were definitely led here for some sort of purpose (me getting my degree & lots of great job experience, Matt learning to be a leader in a growing a church), but it's clear that our time is ended and God has other plans in store for us.

Photo taken by my dad (stole it from his FB) / Edited by me
I'm all done with giving lectures, and it's just smooth sailing from here on out...a couple review sessions and exams to administer, and then my first semester as a biology instructor will be finished.  It has been a great experience and I've learned a lot about myself in the process.  While some of my students definitely frustrated me, a lot of them were really encouraging.  Many of them were sad that I wouldn't be around next semester, because they wanted to take another course from me! That definitely reaffirms my belief that I am called to a future academic career.

Matt has been extremely proactive about getting ready for the move, so now that the majority of my teaching duties is over with, I'll be able to contribute to the great purge & pack.  It's ridiculous how much junk we've carried with us from apartment to apartment, in addition to NEW junk that we've acquired.  We will be moving into Matt's parents' newly remodeled basement, so we really need to get rid of a lot of junk so that it isn't taking up storage space.  Easier said than done.  (*Because I totally NEED to keep this file cabinet filled with old notes and papers*)

This spring has been killer on my allergies, and also McGhee's.  He acquired a flea allergy and has been suffering for the past couple weeks. None of the flea meds really seem to be working, and he started gnawing himself raw.  He's wearing the cone of shame and we just gave him a medicated shampoo bath, so hopefully he will feel better.  Here's a couple funny videos of him "scooting" on the carpet trying to itch his sores.  I feel so bad for him, but it's pretty funny :P


5 comments:

  1. McGhee seems to be doing a bit better after his bath! :)


    Thank you! I'm still looking for a job, but I'd like to either teach or find a lab tech position. I'm just now starting to get nervous that I will be jobless when we get there :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying that something fabulous opens up for you quickly!

    Lily-thinking thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my comment got eaten by the interwebs.


    I feel so sorry for McGhee. I hope the shampoo helps him.


    I will be praying that your move back to WI goes well and relatively easy. Will you teach?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG XD McGhee kills me!! So much love for that little guy <3

    ReplyDelete