Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Spectacle of Spectacles

It's been 2 years since I've had a new pair of glasses (which I blogged about here), and even then, the prescription I used to get them was outdated (or close to). It got to the point where I couldn't see the TV screen very clearly while sitting on our couch only a few feet away. Needless to say, it was due time that I got some newer ones.

Because we are moving in a week, I wanted to have an updated pair so that if I needed to drive, I could do so without having to wear my contacts for the whole 13-hour trip. So updated prescription in hand, I decided to try out the "First Pair Free" offer on coastal.com that I've heard so much about.

I've been wanting some "hipster" frames (when in reality, they are actually well suited for me, since my prescription is quite high so the thick lenses look better in bigger frames anyway) so I went with these. It's a little nerve-wracking to go on faith ordering online, since you can't try them on first, but the price was right. I'd much rather order straight from the warehouses than have to pay an optometrist office some ridiculous rates.

Anywho, here's a comparison of my old frames with my new ones! What do you think? I'm still getting used to their HUGENESS, hahahaha, but I think I like 'em!


5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're smart about not paying a ridiculous amount of money for glasses! As I began the post I was soooooo hoping you didn't have to spend like $200. :-o I use eyebuydirect.com of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah definitely. And I'd rather buy online than have to talk to the people at an eyeglasses store anyway :/


    Nice! I'll have to bookmark that one! Last time (the red frames in the pic) I used 39dollarglasses.com and had success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those people are always like "Do you like these? Try these! You look good in these. Are you sure you don't like these?" & I'm like o_o. The last pair I bought in-store, I knew exactly what style I wanted, found the closest thing, & the poor employee was trying to direct me to "cuter" (& more expensive) frames.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so brave for buying online - I feel the same way about buying shoes online (since I don't wear contacts/glasses) but they look A-dorable on you! You're such a hipster, Mariel! ;)

    ReplyDelete