Monday, July 1, 2013

Habitual Homebodys Crochet Along

I'm a fan of Alycia's Crochet-Along link up on Habitual Homebody, so when she asked if anyone would like to host this month, I gladly offered! For July's project, I wanted to choose something summer-y and fun, yet functional. While looking at nautical themed knots and jewelry, I stumbled upon this quick and easy bracelet pattern. Also, Alycia also showed me a pattern for some cute summer coasters, and I decided I couldn't choose, so you are getting TWO projects to choose from this month :)


#1 The Trek Bracelet
Photo via Felted Button

Pattern:

The pattern can be found at the blog, Felted Button. She has great pictures to go along with each step, so it should be fairly easy to follow along!

Materials:

-Twine (she suggests 3lb strength which is about DK weight) OR any cotton yarn (I will be using Lily Sugar n' Cream cotton yarn)
-I hook
-Keychain lobster clasps (can be found in the jewelry section at any craft store)


#2 Watermelon Coasters


Photo via Make and Takes
Pattern:
The pattern can be found at the blog, Make and Takes. Again, there are great photos accompanying the pattern so it should be easy to follow along!

Materials:

-Red Yarn, Cream Yarn, and Green Yarn (It looks like they are using cotton yarn, like Lily's Sugar n' Cream) 
-H hook
-Yarn needle

-Black Yarn (optional for seeds)

Timeline for both projects:

We will be linking up here on my blog on July 29th. Grab a button, and crochet along with us! You can choose either project to do...or both!! :) I will be posting updates with tips/tricks along the way, but if you have any questions, feel free to comment or send a tweet using the #CrochetAlong hashtag on twitter.

Happy crochet-ing!!


Please grab a button to spread the word!
Habitual Homebody Crochet Along


2 comments:

  1. Hello Mariel, nice to meet you! Cute project for July which one to choose now???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claudia! Nice to meet you, too! I know, it's tough to choose, isn't it?! I'm going to be doing both and will be posting my progress, so feel free to pick one or the other or both!! :) Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete