Monday, December 30, 2013

30 Before 30

I celebrated my 29th birthday earlier this December, and it always strikes me how old I really am, since I don't feel/act my age. But here I am, and as I look forward to a new year and preparing to enter a new decade of life, I decided that I will expand upon the typical "new year's resolutions" and create a list of 30 things to try/accomplish before I turn 30 next December.
  1. Blog regularly (at least 2 posts a week)
  2. Start writing science blog posts for another website/blog
  3. Write a handwritten letter to a friend/family member at least once a month
  4. Go to DisneyWorld OR go on a cruise
  5. Reach my goal weight/get in shape
  6. Record an EP
  7. Prepare 3 pieces of classical piano repertoire at performance/concert level
  8. Successfully complete an online course
  9. Read 15 books
  10. Get an article published in an academic journal
  11. Learn to sew
  12. Play a DnD or similar RPG campaign
  13. Carve a pumpkin
  14. Make a gingerbread house
  15. Create a budget/savings plan
  16. Audition for a show with a community theatre
  17. Complete 3 "pay it forwards"
  18. Study the Bible daily/consistently
  19. Host a house show/concert
  20. Get better at playing guitar
  21. Make our own sushi rolls
  22. Replay all the Halo games
  23. Attend a lindy hop/swing dancing workshop or dance exchange weekend
  24. Purchase a record player
  25. Host our families for a major holiday
  26. Plan a surprise/do something special for Matt
  27. Attend 5 live concerts
  28. Complete a photo a day challenge
  29. Re-open askLOLA on Etsy or another site
  30. Start a garden
(coincidentally, it's my husband's birthday today! Happy birthday, Matt - I love you so much!)



3 comments:

  1. Great list! I look forward to following your progress. :)

    And happy birthday to Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mandy! Following along with you this past year was definitely an inspiration, as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! I wish you more success than I had. ;)

    ReplyDelete