Sunday, March 2, 2014

Oscar Predictions 2014

image via
Oscar night is here! As a self-proclaimed movie buff and lover of the art of film, I enjoy watching as many of the nominated films as I can to make my predictions. You can see the full list of nominees here. My predictions are as follows:

Best Picture: Her
Best Actor in a Leading Role: Leonardo DiCaprio, The Wolf of Wall Street
Best Actress in a Leading Role: Cate Blanchett, Blue Jasmine
Best Actor in a Supporting Role: Jared Leto, Dallas Buyers Club
Best Actress in a Supporting Role: Lupita Nyong'o, 12 Years a Slave
Animated Feature Film: Frozen
Cinematography: Gravity
Costume Design: American Hustle
Directing: Alfonso CuarĂ³n, Gravity
Documentary Feature: 20 Feet from Stardom
Documentary Short Subject: The Lady in Number 6: Music Saved My Life
Film Editing: Gravity
Foreign Language Film: The Great Beauty
Makeup and Hairstyling: Dallas Buyers Club
Music - Original Score: Her
Music - Original Song: Let it Go, Frozen
Production Design: Her
Short Film - Animated: Mr. Hublot
Short Film - Live Action: the Voorman Problem
Sound Editing: Gravity
Sound Mixing: Gravity
Visual Effects: Gravity
Writing - Adapted Screenplay: The Wolf of Wall Street
Writing - Original Screenplay: Her

Who do you think will win an Oscar tonight?

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I've seen any of the nominated films this year but I sure enjoyed your live tweeting! ;) Also, I'm nominating you for a Liebster Award! :) Here's the details:
    http://www.applejane.com/2014/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete