Monday, December 8, 2014

The Blog Goes Ever On and On













The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

-Bilbo Baggins
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

I thought about starting a completely new blog space—start with a blank canvas and create something new and meaningful. But as I looked back at some of my old (and older!) blog entries here, the nostalgia of retracing the steps of my quirky life journey comforted me. I've been blogging here off and on for four years (!!!), and have ranted and fangirled and shared and pondered. Some posts are fun and frivolous, while others demonstrate my maturity as a writer and a person.

After much deliberation (I even started to set up a blog over on Wordpress), I decided to keep writing on this blog, keep up most of the old entries, and just pick up where I left off several months ago. Rather than truncating parts of my life that I've chronicled in words, I'm choosing to follow where this blog continues to lead me. As always, I want to think I have a plan...that I will post consistently, have great content, and readers with whom I will develop closer relationships. But I'm not going to let my perfectionist standards to overcome the simply joy that I find in writing.

So here we go. One giant step back onto the path of imperfect, beautiful, random, profound, creative, and adventurous blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment