Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Style Your Universe

Last month, my friend Emily mentioned that the ladies behind Geek Fashion Week were hosting an online styling contest in conjunction with the HerUniverse brand. While I've never considered myself "fashionable," I really love my Star Wars Empire sheath dress that I bought from HU a couple years ago. So on a whim, I entered the "Style Your Universe" contest.

The challenge was to style the HU dress of your choosing in three different looks: a casual look for brunch with friends, an evening look for a night on the town, and a business look for an important work meeting.


Seeing that I wear the same things over and over, I really had to stretch my imagination to figure out how to accessorize and diversify my three styles...but I ended up being chosen as a finalist and eventually winning the contest!

It was an honor to just participate, and I will definitely be stealing borrowing some of the fashion tips off of the other contestants.




No comments:

Post a Comment