Monday, April 27, 2015

The Wilderness

I was first introduced to the music of KS Rhoads about two years ago. He was the opening act for one of my favorite bands, Gungor, and his set involved a guitar, a loop pedal, and his voice. This bare bones set-up allowed him to showcase his amazing songwriting talent.

I was impressed, and bought his album, The Wilderness, when I returned home after seeing the show. But admittedly, I didn't really come back and give it a good listen until recently. The theme of the record is that there hope and light despite living in a wilderness of darkness where loss, abandonment, fear, and sadness exist. His creative eclectic musical style and his lyrical profundity make this album a timely listen this spring (despite being a couple years old!).









No comments:

Post a Comment